Our mentors represent all functional areas of business and a variety of industries, ranging from executives at Fortune 500 companies to small business entrepreneurs. Students look to mentors for encouragement, support, and the benefit of their experience. Mentors can help students obtain their goals by responding to questions, providing network connections, and giving feedback on job search skills. Mentors also serve as a resource and take an active role in shaping a future alumnus of the Carlson School of Management.
Carlson School Mentors are asked to:
- Commit to mentoring one student during the academic year (from late September through mid-April)
- Meet with your student at least once a month (in person, phone, or skype)
- Commit to being accessible and engaged throughout the mentoring relationship
- Provide guidance and support while sharing personal and professional experiences with your student
- Have at least 2 years of business experience beyond your undergraduate degree
- If available, attend the Kick-Off with your student (for mentors in the Twin Cities area)
There is no expectation that internships or employment opportunities will result from this experience. We make every attempt at matching the student's major and interests with the mentor's area of expertise whenever possible.
Applications for the 2016-2017 program are now open!
- Click the ‘Join' button
- Complete the basic profile information and click the ‘Submit’ button
- Your basic information will be sent to the Mentorship Program Coordinator for review. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email with details on how to complete your profile.
- The priority application deadline is June 30th.
- Profiles must be complete by July 31st.
- Matches will be sent to mentors in early September.
- Profile information is only viewable to administrators and the student you are matched with.
*NOTE: If you have served as a mentor in previous years (including last year), it is necessary to complete a new application each year that you wish to participate.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please contact Chad Ellsworth at email@example.com